Friday, January 6, 2012

And all the rest

It's been a little while but I didn't forget to post about my Christmas! Which was amazing :) Kyle and I spent a week in Spokane, Washington. It was my first Christmas away from my family, but we had celebrated an early Christmas together. I still missed them!  It was my first Christmas where there was snow! According to everyone in Washington, it wasn't really snowing, but I say if there's white stuff on the ground and you can throw it at people, thats snow to me! It was great getting to meet the rest of Kyle's family. Everyone was so warm and welcoming. And it was great spending Christmas with a bunch of kids in the house ha. Christmas is different when you're not a kid anymore, but it's still a lot of fun. We went on a mini boat cruise at night with the whole family to see all the Christmas lights near the lake. We played games almost every night, watched Christmas Vacation together when the kids were all asleep. Kyle surprised me with a bunch of awesome trinkets from Europe haha. He picked out things that I would pick out for myself! We spent one evening up at a ski lodge at Mt. Spokane. We didn't go skiing or snowboarding, although that would have been a blast, but we had a few beers and read haha, quite the romantic evening. Man, it was such an awesome week and I couldn't of been happier than to spend it with Kyle and his family. Kyle's parents, Ric and Cindy, were wonderful hosts :) Cindy really is superwoman, between feeding kids, watching kids, cooking, everything! Ad Ric does the dishes!! (didn't see that one coming haha) It was so kind of them to open up their home to all of us. Thank you so much!!

And now, Kyle and I are back in California ready to take on the next few months. I am here in SLO while he is in San Jose starting his job at Cisco. (I love you Kyle! Keep up the good work babe!)  We'll be seeing each other every other week or so, which is like nothing compared to three months! The plan now is to gear towards moving to San Jose. If you know anyone that needs a room mate up there, please let me know :)

And, I have officially decided that I'm not going to be looking for a job in a restaurant ever again..unless I manage or own it or something. I'm ready to graduate from servinghood.

Overall, life is going great! I'm not saying I don't have lame days ha. But I think it's because I care too much about everything and I let the wrong things get to me sometimes. If there's anything I'm working on this year, it's not letting unimportant things get to me and focusing on the things that really matter. This year, I want to get to where I want to be and stop settling for what gets me by. There's so much ahead of me this year and  I'm so excited for it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment