Monday, December 5, 2011

A Running Start

As Christmas gets closer and closer and as holiday festivities pop up, I realize how much I have accomplished in the past few weeks. While juggling the my average work/school day, I have to say that I'm pretty happy with my overall progress with school and with outside projects. I've somehow been able to finish xmas presents and study for finals :) It's a good feeling. 

It seems that this is the week for all of those Christmas parties, too. And go figure, they're all the week before finals. How appropriate :). The 6th is the Waterfront Grill Xmas Party, the 9th is Charlie's Xmas party, and the 10th is the Cliffsmas Xmas party. I think there may be another next week, but nonetheless, I love Christmas parties just as much as I love Christmas. It's almost like you get to celebrate xmas over and over again...almost ha. 

And after finals, I will finally have some time off, which I'm really looking forward to. 2 full weeks off! I've never taken that much time off, but as I'm getting older and incorporating more and more responsibilities, I'm finding that arranged "vacation time" is important. For instance, it helps keep you sane. I am very much looking forward to having more free time again. I feel like there's a lot I want to do and  a lot I have to look forward to in 2012 and I can't wait to get started :)

Today is a day set up for studying and possibly dinner this evening with good friends. I feel great because rent is finally paid and life is unfolding pretty well. I'm still trying to figure out the next steps to pursue my future goals, but I know that will be easier to figure out  once I get past one or two obstacles that are now presently at hand. One being that I would prefer to sell my car sooner than later. I own a 1999 Volkswagen Beetle that is in good condition. It's treated me well over the years, but I think it has come time for us to part our ways. So if you know anyone that would be interested, I'd love to have a chat with them. 

The upside to finishing the Wise Man's Fear is that I get to read other books that I've been wanting to read/finish reading. I find that once I finish one type of book, I'll switch it up to some other type of reading. Like going from non-fiction to fiction. I have this book on World Religions that I picked up again and it's so fascinating learning about other religions and comparing their similarities and differences. 

This is a week of beginnings and I'm very very excited to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment